Monday, May 3, 2010

I've been away, but doing well. :)

I kept meaning to update this, then got distracted and hadn't gotten around to it. So I'll do this now, then exercise like a good kid. :)

Granted, the last two days have been exercise free, which is bad... But not the end of the world at least! I just need to jump into it again, which today I'll be doing with EA sports active... I'm going to try to make my own workout, though. The preset ones just seem to be murderous! I mean, squats and lunges are great. I know they can do amazing things. But ohmygod, they hurt like a motherfucker when you're fat like I am!

All things considered though, I've been doing well. Friday was a good day in terms of exercise, unintentionally better than I had even meant for it to be! I was going to go to a Zumba class that morning(by the way,  discovered Zumba on wednesday. LOVE.), but I realized when i got to the gym that I had been looking at the schedule for the day before. So when I arrived, there was a piloga class going on. Not so much my thing. So I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical, and went home to figure out when there was a zumba class later. So I went back to the gym that evening and did more exercise! It was awesome. Just sayin'.

As far as eating goes, I'd say I've been doing well at making better choices. I had a really yummy snack the other day that consisted of sliced up strawberries and bananas... YUM! And even when I go places to eat, I try to make better choices. Chipotle, for example. Did you know that there are 280 calories in a chipotle tortilla? Don't get me wrong, I have been known as the carb queen for basically my whole life(part of the problem for me, to be sure), but even I can recognize when enough is enough. So when I went there yesterday with the fantabulous boyfriend, I got a burrito bowl instead. All of my favorite yummy goodness... Just without the tortilla. And it isn't like it was completely without carbs... There was still rice! :D But considering I don't do guac, or sour cream, or even beans(sorry, I know they actually can be very good for you but I just. Can't. Do it.), having rice isn't so bad.

My *official* weigh in day is in two days. And I never even updated you on that last time! Well, last wednesday my official weigh in came to 260 pounds. Six pounds gone! Hooray!!! I was excited. I know it won't be that exciting every week. In fact there will be times where that's all I lose in a month. But I don't mind. It's all part of the process. For now, I will bask in the happiness of losing that six pounds... Even if it was mostly water weight. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment