Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A small week in terms of loss, but I expected as much.

Today being Wednesday, it was time for my official weigh in. I'm down one pound from last week, putting me at a total of 12 pounds lost so far. Consideiring my almost completel ack of exercise in the last couple of weeks, I'm still pleased to see a smaller number. :) Take what you can, right?

I'm going to try to go to a Zumba class tonight around 7, which would be pretty awesome. I need the exercise, and it's probably one of my favorite ways to get it in, even though I've only gone to two classes. Instructor really does count, though. The first time I went, we had an awesome instructore and she was really fun and into it. When I went the second time at a different gym with a different instructor, I didn't have as much fun. She was into it, but it seemed like she was less hyped up and into it. Granted, there were only three of us in the class that time, but still. Give us what you've got! If I go tonight, I will be going to the gym with the instructor from the first night, and that will be lots of fun. :)

I am trying really hard right now to get myself re-motivated in exercise. I need to do it. It's important to my goals. But I'm just so good at making excuses for myself to *not* exercise. It's really quite terrible. As I spend most of my day sitting around on my laptop, I could just as easily take 45 minutes out of that time to go through a workout on EA Sports Active. So why don't I? I think that's probably a bigger issue for me than eating at this point. It's really not that hard for me to not eat like I used to. That part I pretty much have down, no problem. ut making myself get up and move around... I have issues with. I'm rediculously used to being sedentary. I guess it's just gonna have to be baby steps in that respect.

My birthday is coming up pretty quick here... Two and a half weeks or so. Now, by the silly timeline I set myself when I got bored last week, I'm supposed to lose nine more pounds by then. Its not likely to happen, I realize. I'm more realiztic than that. But the timeline was just an idea of what I would like to do, not necessarily how I think things will actually pan out. Some people don't seem to get that and think I'm setting myself up for dissappointment, but I'm more realistic than they seem to realize. Granted, it would be really cool if I could lose nine pounds by then, but I'm not about to drive myself crazy trying to do it. There is always, always, ALWAYS room for adjustment. That's the beauty of being in control. :)

I am officially going to Zumba tonight. :) My mom and I are going together. How awesome is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment