Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I've Made Myself a Timeline...

Hopefully, I can make it happen. :)

It will not be the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but it would be really, really cool. I'm hoping to be reaching my goal at the one year mark of my journey - April 21st, 2011. I really, really think it's doable... Especially since I set my goals(mostly) in 10 pound incriments! In case you want to know my hopes/dreams/whatever, here's what I've been working on for about 30 minutes now:

Mini Goals/Timeline:

1. 11 LBS lost by May 12! (255lbs)(4% starting weight lost)
2. 21LBS lost by June 6th! (245lbs)(8%)
3. 31 LBS lost by July 15th! (235lbs)(12%)
4. 41 LBS lost by August 6th! (225lbs)(15%)
5. 51 LBS lost by September 15th !(215lbs)(19%)
6. 67 LBS lost by November 15th(199lbs)(25%)(ONEDERLAND!!!)("Overweight" BMI - 28.1)
7. 71 LBS lost by December 1st. (195lbs)(27%)
8. 81 LBS lost by January 19th. (185lbs)(30%)
9. 91 LBS lost by April 21st (175lbs)(34%)(GOAL! And one year in!)(Barely "Normal" BMI - 24.8)
 
Now, that first one wasn't actually a goal that I'd had in mind, it's just where I happened to be for my official weigh in today, and it just so happened that it worked out perfectly, because starting at 266 pounds made for weird numbers. I prefer my weights to level out at incriments of 5, with the exception of goal 6. ;) But I fix it with Goal 7, then go back to my normal ways.
 
In my head, this seems like a pretty reasonable setup. I give myself anywhere between a month/month and a half to lose 10 pounds at a time. The one time where I tweaked it a bit for my silly onederland dreams, I give myself more time. Less time, then, for when I even myself back out right after. The last 10 pounds I gave myself three months... For two reasons. One, I liked the idea of getting there right around a year after I started(though don't get me wrong, if things happen quicker I'll be in no way heartbroken!). The other reason being that I know from reading other people's experiences that the last 10 pounds can be brutal and mean and not come off for a loooong time. Granted I could hit a plateau at any given point through this, I realize... But I figure that gives me a little room for problems, anyway. :)
 
I don't need this to work out perfectly, by any means. Even being within a few pounds of each goal when I get to these dates would be awesome! But for my own reasons, and the reasons of keeping up nicely with my mini-goal ticker on 3FC, I like having things like this. The one I have up there right now is for goal 2 - 21 lbs lost by June 6th. Which just happens to be my birthday! It'll also be nice because that will put me back around where I was last time I really payed attention to how much I weighed.
 
Just a side note - I really don't care too much about the BMI issue, as I think it's rediculous. :) But it's fun to know that by that scale, will be "normal" by the end of this... But only barely. How crazy! I don't think I could easily maintain much lower than that.
 
Speaking of maintenence, I've noticed that some people already have their ranges set for when they get to that point. I guess if I think about it, I'd probably give myself about a 5 pound window... So I could fall anywhere between 175-180. I wouldn't mind that too much. My original goal I had set for myself was 185, but I changed it after seeing some rediculously inspiring photos of someone who's starting weight and height were nearly identical to mine. The photos she had posted were of her at 175 or so, and I fell in love. Hahaha... I'm just a weirdo like that. But, oh well. I got body envy, and made it my goal to get to that weight. Sure, it may look different on me... But either way, I'm pretty sure I'll look spectacular!
 
I have to admit to you, though, that I've been terrible about exercise the last week and a half or so. Absolutely terrible. But school has been kinda crazy and I've been kinda tired and stupid and full of all sorts of excuses I could give you but I'll stop with that nonsense now. :) I know I'm being dumb. And I have every intention of fixing it later this week. I would do something about it today, but I have a project I need to do for my baking class tomorrow that I have barely done anything for! Smart, right? And I've already been procrastinating today... Like coming up with that list of goals. And writing this entry. But I just got so excited about it, I had to share! On the bright side, though, I've been good about my eating habits for the most part. So at least I can say I've been good about that!
 
I think it's time to be good about other things, though, and actually start working on my stupid baking book!

No comments:

Post a Comment