Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kinda tired, but still feeling good!

Yesterday evening I went out and walked near my house for an hour. There's all kinds of fields and stuff all over the place and trails that are either intended as such or forged out by trucks beating the path down as they roam back and forth. Either way, there's places to walk so I took advantage of a very small portion of them. I would have walked longer, buuuuut it was getting dark and I wasn't all that thrilled at the thought of walking around in dark fields by myself. As one of my friends said, "That just screams setup for a horror movie scene!" ;)

But anyway, it was a good walk. Short, but good. Then this morning/afternoon Brandon(the best boyfriend EVER), Shanelle(one of the best friends I've ever had), Dipsy(Shanelle's dog), and I went to the local farmer's market/giant garage sale. Seriously. It's huge. So I walked around there with them today, and that was pretty awesome. Granted, we had to partake in the corndogs they make there, which doesn't exactly scream healthy... But it's not like I go there all the time! And we walked a lot. So maybe it works out anyway. Or... Something. Plus, I got bananas and blueberries and grapes while I was there. Hooray for fruit! :D Too bad I don't like more veggies... Okay, I got a bag of kettle corn, too. Well... Brandon did. But I think he did it because I wanted it last time. 130 calories for an ounce of it... Eh, I could do worse. And I'll actually weigh it out, like I did before I sat down to write this! Might try to take it like 1/2 an ounce at a time, though. Just to make it last longer... And less calories! Haha

It's not like I'm super actively counting calories. Like I couldn't tell you on any given day EXACTLY how many calories I consumed, but that's not my biggest concern. I try to keep it relatively low, whatever I'm eating, so that the total should always fall around where it should. I know a lot of people are crazy into it and keep track of every single little thing that they eat... That's just not my style. :) I like keeping a general idea, naturally, but I've never been THAT person.

Weight tends to fluctuate from day-to-day, all day, all kinds of things contributing... So while I personally find that weighing myself daily is good practice for the sake of keeping my mind on my goals and reminding myself of what I'm working at, I don't typically like to actually count my weight loss more than once a week... This time around being Wednesdays, since that's when I started all of this. Seems like as good of a day as any, right in the middle of the week, between school days... I don't know. It just works. But anyway... I've been weighing myself on a daily basis for all of my listed reasons, and I'm happy to say that I AM seeing progress. :) Granted it's like 2-4 lbs or so, depending on which day we're talking about... But it's still nice to know that things are paying off. Sometimes that's all you need to inspire you to keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment