Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's been about three days...

And for the most part I think I'm doing a decent job of staying on track.

Greg bought EA Sports Active for the wii back on the first day of this blog, because I asked for it so I could have a way to work out at home. I decided to try the 30 minute workout that night, and didn't even get through half of it. No joke. There were squats and junges involved, and when the second set of both of those came up I promptly decided that EA Sports Active is something I'm going to have to work up to... Or I need to make my own workouts. I haven't looked into that too much yet.

So my thighs hurt after doing that, and stayed in pain... Well, through today still, if I'm being honest. I'm *almost* back to normal today... Almost. But they're still a little bit sore. Goodness, I have a long journey ahead of me... But that's okay. I can deal with that. I think.

In other news, I got into a fantastic bitching match with some people on facebook the last couple of days, which sounds absolutely rediculous when you say it out loud but at the time I was pissed. And in all fairness, my "friend" started it. So that was a fun and frustrating argument that decided to span out over two days or so. He thought he was being helpful. Most other people thought he was just being condescending. By now I hope that everyone is just over it. I sure as hell am.

It isn't to say I don't appreciate people giving me advice - I do. I like to take bits and pieces of peoples ideas for successful weight loss and combine them into a great collection of ideas that should, theoretically, all work smoothly for me. And several people have given me their ideas and thoughts and personal strategies and the like, and I take it all into consideration. Do I have my plan all figured out already? Hell to the no! But I have a great deal to think about and work through, so I'm not really freaked out that I don't have my strategy totally planned out only three days after my big "I need to work to lose my fat ass" revalation. It's a work in progress, people. A work in progress. :]

In the meantime, I have to focus on the basic weight loss rule I've ALWAYS tried to follow: Eat less, move more. Simple, to the point, and accurate! Not always easy. So not. Portion control is a huge issue these days, especially since restaraunts like to give you rediculous platefulls of food that you could eat like half or even a third of and be totally okay. But self control is another big issue, so I guess it's just a matter of training yourself. I, for one, like carbs. To be totally fair, I have a highly unhealthy, loving relationship with them. I always have. I am never going to be the person that takes part in the "eliminate any and all carbs" diets and have it actually work. This is something I know about myself, and that's fine. I just need to revamp our relationship. Eat less of them. Move a little more when I might overindulge. Carbs ARE important. I know this. Anyone that looks at the food pyramid knows this. It's just a matter of keeping balance. Something I can't exactly say I've been great at....... Ever.

But people can change. When they really want to, people can change. And that is exactly what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment