Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Legs,

I know that what I did to you today was mildly shocking after two or three weeks of me pretty much not running at all of my own accord. I've gotten complacent and let you get used to sitting around doing nothing, with the exception of Step Aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday each week. Not the same as running, not even a little. I know that.

I finally made you go out and work today, and I felt you go, "Uhhhh... What??" I truly felt bad for you, legs. Why was I so mean to you as to stop running in the first place?? You were just fine when I was more or less in a decent routine and made you run at least twice a week. I know. I'm a bad leg-owner. But this must stop, for I still have a long way to go in my journey to look-awesomeness! We're about halfway there, legs, and you need to get me there somehow.

Now, don't go tricking yourself into thinking that will be the end of it. You don't get to take me to 175 pounds and just stop. We need to keep moving and stay active. You need to carry me around the world someday, legs, when they surely accept mom and us to go on The Amazing Race once I'm 21. You need to help keep me moving to keep this weight gone once we finish getting rid of it. You need to let me chase after my someday-in-the-distant-future kids. You need to do all of these things and more, and dammit you're going to be happy to take on the challenge.

So no aching, no complaining when I take you out to run again like I need to on Friday again. No excuses. You're going to do it, and you're going to like it again soon enough. We only did 20 minutes today because I was feeling generous, but you better believe I'm going to kick that time back up soon enough. I'm also gonna be on the lookout for a new race to look forward to, so you may as well get used to the idea now. It's gonna happen, so you best be ready for it!

Love Always,
Diana

((Was this really for my legs, or was it for myself? My answer... Is YES.))

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have your blog on email notification! Just wanted to say hi and let you know I've been thinking about you and miss you. :(

    ReplyDelete